Tuesday, December 03, 2002

I noticed that the time on my Zaurus kept changing, so I followed this FAQ tip at http://openzaurus.sourceforge.net/oz_website/faq/faq.php?id=42

I I installed a bunch of apps last night. I'll provide a list soon. One of the apps was the Konqueror browser. This browser is MUCH better than Opera...so much better than Sharp really should consider just dropping Opera, IMO.

I ran into another problem last night. It seems that I can no longer install software onto my Z using OZ...even when installing to SD card. I've managed to use only 10MB of the 128MB SD space but when I go to System Info/Storage, internal storage/jffs2 is showing only 1544kB available out of a total of 14464kB. I'm assuming I cannot control the size of jffs2 when installing/flashing OZ...how does one fix this then?? /mnt/ram is barely used...23797kB total and 1246kB used. I don't know much about the innards of OZ but it seems that even if I install all software to SD, I still end up using internal space. I like OZ alot but cannot see not being able to install anymore software.

I ssh'd into my Zaurus and did this:

# uname -a
Linux zaurus 2.4.6-rmk1-np2-embedix #11 Tue Oct 29 14:43:28 CST 2002 armv4l unknown
# uptime
3:25pm up 4:22, load average: 4.00, 4.00, 4.00
# df
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock4 14464 12920 1544 89% /
/dev/mtdblock6 23797 18 22551 0% /mnt/ram
/dev/mmcda1 125344 12000 113344 10% /mnt/card

Also, the backup utility that comes with OZ is non-functional. I talked to a friend from when I used to go to #zaurus yesterday, via ICQ. She recently ran OZ (before I installed it a few days ago) and she mentioned the lack of backup utility. I guess I need to read up or ask questions on how OZ users currently back up their data...after all, OZ is still beta software, IMO. I've not started storing important data (yet) but I'd hate to lose my hard-earned wifi settings and such, a few days after I've gotten OZ to work nicely!

Oh...one more thing (for now). I really like the System Info/Processes window...where you can see what's currently running on your Z and kill a process, if necessary. Reminds me of a slim version of gtop!

OK...have a nice day, all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home