Monday, December 09, 2002

Fluxbox works on the Zaurus, apparently (haven't actually tried it myself yet). Found this post at Zaurus Zone:

_____________

fluxbox does work. install tinyx, xmonobut and fluxbox. then replace your /usr/sbin/X file with the following:

#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/X11R6/lib"
export DISPLAY=:0.0

rm /dev/ets
touch /dev/ets

ln -s /usr/share /usr/X11R6/share

killall ztsd
killall rxvt
killall xmonobut
killall Xfbdev

/usr/X11R6/bin/ztsd
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xfbdev -screen 240x320 -fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc -logo -s 1 &

#should start window manager or app here
/usr/X11R6/bin/xmonobut -k 48 -t 1000 &
/usr/X11R6/bin/fluxbox && killall Xfbdev
killall ztsd
_______________

I dunno if I'm gonna try this or not. Most likely, I'm gonna revert back to the Sharp ROM (2.37). While I like OZ, I just keep having problems with it. Yesterday, I wanted to take some screenshots using opie-screenshotapplet, so I installed it, or attempted to. After an install attempt, it shows in AQPkg as being installed but I can't find the app anywhere on the Zaurus. I see no applet and I don't see it on the SD card when I tell AQPkg to download it to SD....actually, it did download to SD card once, but when I went into Konsole and typed 'ipkg install opie-screenshotapplet' the Zaurus kept outputting 'Segmentation Fault'. I really needed to use the screenshot app because I'm trying to take screenshots to post so I can get some type of online help from OZ friends and help from Zaurus Zone. I'll keep trying throughout the day and by nightfall, if I haven't made any progress, I'm going back to the stock Sharp ROM. :o\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home