Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I've got some news. I just saved alot of money on my GIECO insurance... Just joking...hahahaha.

Really...

I ordered a new PDA last week and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I'm now the proud owner of a Dell Axim X3i. It's gorgeous and I like it alot. I just have to get used to the lack of a keyboard and CF slot.

I also WAS going to sell my Zaurus on eBay but decided to keep it. It's still functional (paint is starting to rub off...I can actually see what's under the silver paint in some spots).

I also FINALLY salvaged my old PIM address book data. I had to go to Sharp's site, download the 2.38 ROM, install it, and restore my old backed up data. From there, I was able to populate my Dell PDA's contact list via IR. That was kinda drastic. but I did a backup of the data that was in the Zaurus with ROM 3.10, so I can always go back to 3.10. What's cool is that when I restored backed up data back to v2.38, I had access to my data that was in zSafe, so that data is also recovered. I just hate how 2.38's Documents tab is cluttered and unorganized...oh well.

I now have a new PDA, so I can play with the Zaurus like it is the lab toy it is. I can put OZ on it and not have to bitch about incompatibilities with my backed up data or some piece of software. I can run 3.10 if I want and then populate the contact list from my Dell Axim. Funny, I had to buy a whole new PDA, spending $400+, so I could 'release' myself from the Zaurus' inadequacies...so I could actually enjoy it. I'd actually looked at Sharp's new SL6000 but kept thinking of my problems with the 5500. It would've been stupid of me to buy another Sharp product.

So, I'll still play with the Zaurus but will rely on the Dell for work-related things and PIM functions.

what I really have to get used to is actually having to buy most of my software (for the Dell). Oh well...the sacrifices we have to make to have the good things in life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home