Tuesday, December 10, 2002

I'm, at this moment in time, flashing the Sharp 2.37 ROM. After messing with the Zaurus and OZ 3.0 part of the afternoon and most of the evening, up until 10:45PM, I finally decided enough was enough.

Some things haven't changed from the last time I used OZ (back in May). There's still no backup app. OZ itself may be considered more stable than the Sharp ROM for some folks, but its not the ROM that's giving me problems. It's alot of the software. I got none of the versions of opie-screenshotapplet to even install properly. When installing the screenshot application, AQPkg would, afterward, report that the app was installed, though I could find not even a hint of that software being installed. This happened with other software as well. Opie-irc crashed alot while trying to activate it. In order to use it, I had to just keep trying, while hoping it wouldn't crash during initialization.

The only app I REALLY liked was Konqueror. This browser puts Opera to shame, IMO. Nice arrangement of bookmarks, looks cleaner, and seems more configurable. I saw all of this thru a week of heavy usage of Konqueror. Very nice indeed.

Well, my stock ROM flash is completed...lemme get back to restoring my old system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home