Thursday, May 20, 2004

While multitasking last night when I got home from work, I decided to go to Sharp's site, download the 2.38 software that typically comes on the companion CD, and sync my Zaurus to the desktop in Windows XP.

All went well. I suppose I can even use this particular version of QtopiaDesktop in Linux. I ended up pulling out the Z's cradle, which I hadn't used in over 2 years, installing the USB and USB networking drivers, and sync'ing the Z. I did have to play with the Z's network settings. So, now, I've a synched Z and also did a backup to the desktop. I even got the Today software to work! That same version wasn't working in v3.10. AAAHHH...the joys of older ROM versions. Thank God Sharp still keeps older ROM versions on their site for download...not too many sites do that...they tend to want to force the latest versions of software onto their customers.

Anyways, I'm again sorta happy with my Z. I do sorta miss ROM 3.10's interface though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home